Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The President's success and the Governor's failure

Barack Obama's speech was everything I hoped for last night. Simple as that. He demonstrated that he has clear goals, knows what needs to be done, and is plowing ahead with his agenda one way or another. He makes me confident in our leadership.

Bobby Jindal's response? OK, I won't go too much into it. The reviews are in and uniform. My response to it was much like Rachel Maddow's. (See below.)

One thing I did react to (audibly) in Jindal's speech was his suggestion that Republicans "went along with" big government spending over the last decade. "Went along with"? "Went along with"?? Um, I lived through the last administration and was PAINFULLY aware that the Republicans were in full control of government for 6 years of that administration. They went along with irresponsible government spending? That was too much to stomach.

The rest of the speech was meaningless nonsense, as far as I'm concerned. Here is some interesting reaction:


No comments: